Behind this classic Mediterranean-style façade lies a stunningly architectural transitional modern interior. A superb location in San Francisco’s world-renowned Gold Coast neighborhood near the Presidio Park, plus iconic views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Palace of Fine Arts make this a quintessential City home. Property Summary - 3 bedroom, 3.5 baths plus formal dining, den, office and storage room - Terraced South garden - 3,526 square feet per graphic artist; to be independently verified by buyer - 2 car side-by-side garage - 3,436 square foot lot as per city of san Francisco Tax Records - Built 1925
Extensively renovated and expanded by the current owners from 2012-2015 - Superb real estate location next to San Francisco’s “Billionaire’s Row” - Published in INTERIORS Magazine in 2017, as well as Architectural Digest in 1982 - Close to the popular dining and restaurants of Fillmore, Union and Chestnut Streets - Two blocks to the Presidio Park.
The Top Level:
- Postcard views of Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, Alcatraz and the Bay, as well as the charming hills of Sausalito and Belvedere, reminiscent of the Amalfi Coast, are framed by large picture windows in the grand living room. The barrel-vaulted ceiling gives a great sense of volume and a wood-burning fireplace adds to ambience of this wonderful entertaining space.
- The formal dining room enjoys a south terrace and outlooks over the lush, terraced garden with towering ferns. - A central foyer on this level opens up to the living room, dining room, as well as the dramatic elevator landing with skylight and glass floor, creating a wonderfully open flow on this entertaining level. A series of three arches between the spaces provides a beautiful visual axis from the South garden to the views of the Bay. - The sleekly-designed, ultra-modern kitchen features stainless steel counters, marble backsplash and Vola faucet, as well as custom walnut and aluminum cabinetry by Bulthaup. The Gaggenau appliances include 5 burner cooktop, double ovens, dishwasher and walnut-paneled refrigerator. Other amenities include pull-out silver drawers and appliance port, eat-in area and French door to the South terrace overlooking the garden. - A super-chic powder room with sculptural porcelain sink and Seidle intercom with camera complete this level.
The Middle Level:
- The luxurious North master suite enjoys romantic views of the Bay, Palace of Fine arts and Golden Gate, and a step-out Juliette balcony. The streamlined black and white marble bath features a steel tub, open shower and large walk-in closet with built-ins.
- The peaceful South master suite has an elegant black and tan marble 2nd bath with walk-in glass shower and an adjoining media room and den with French doors stepping out to the patio and lovely terraced garden with giant ferns, bamboos and other mature landscaping.
- Laundry room with stacked Whirlpool washer/ dryer, shelving and counter space - The elevator landing with glass floor and ceiling sheds wonderful lights into the central area of this level.
The Entrance Level:
- The dramatic split-level double foyer has black marble flooring and stunning abstract sculptural chandelier called "Noto" by Michele de Lucchi of Artemide Symbolizing Chinese Dragon - The elevator landing with two glass ceilings and skylight two floors up creates a wonderful light quality and the sleekly architectural custom- design wood and steel staircase spirals up to the next levels
- The comfortable 3rd bedroom suite enjoys a stunning en-suite “Ravello Veneto” Indian marble bath with glass walk-in shower
- A large coat closet, mechanical room and ample storage room complete this level Design Details Kitchen: Cabinetry by Bulthaup and appliances by Gaggenau East: walnut (wall-hanging cabinet) and aluminum (front and side panels of low cabinets). Counter-top and sink made from stainless steel West: walnut (tall cabinets) Faucet: Vola Backsplash: Marble Appliances: Gaggenau (Ovens; dishwasher; refrigerator) Bathrooms: Marble tiles by Ann Sacks. Fixtures by Boffi, Dornbracht, and Vola Lighting: Beautiful designer light fixtures: Lobby: "Noto" by Michele de Lucchi (Artemide). Symbolizes Chinese dragon. First floor bedroom: "Pierre et Paul" by Ingo Maurer Dining Room: "Love you, love you not" chandelier by Brand van Egmond Office: "JB Schmetterling" by Ingo Maurer. Limited edition pendant light- also in the Cooper Hewitt Museum Collection Doors: Custom-designed with hardware by FSB (Franz Schneider Brakel) Heating system: Lennox furnace with optional/separate HEPA filter and de-humidifier 2-car garage: Sika flooring and stainless-steel back siding